August goes fast…don’t miss these summer favorites!
Summer is a special season. It feels different from all the rest. Children are on break from school. Families are taking vacations. The daylight stretches long into the evenings. Summer chefs are cooking on the grill. As August arrives, you may ask yourself: Have I fit in everything I wanted to do this summer? If you’ve just realized that August is flying by faster than ever, maybe it’s time to plan a few summer activities before it’s all over! Try these free and low-cost ideas:
- Seek the shade with a walk in the woods
- Take a tech-free day and go back to the basics
- Donate a backpack and school supplies to a back-to-school drive
- Wake up with the sunrise and see how quiet your neighborhood is
- Find a park with grills and have a cook-out with friends
- Look up an old friend and catch up with them
- Make s’mores, even if you have to do it in your microwave
- Treat yourself to a gigantic wedge of watermelon
- Find a park with hammocks and read a book
- Look at the nighttime stars
- Find friends for an outdoor game—Frisbee, basketball, beanbag toss anyone?
- Cool off in the water, if you have a lake, pool, or ocean nearby
- Go out for ice cream
- Attend an outdoor movie
- Try a new exercise
- Buy lemonade from a child’s lemonade stand
- Go to a garage sale or flea market
- Find a firework display
- Spend time with your family
- Do a surprise favor for a friend
- Go to an outdoor concert
- Enjoy corn on the cob before it’s out of season
- Go to an afternoon movie matinee to escape the summer heat
- Explore a new hobby
- Take a day trip to a nearby attraction
Summer is fleeting, and before you know it, the fall is rolling in. If you make the effort to plan some fun summer activities, you will create memories for years to come. Here’s to a terrific summer for you!
Branford Hall Career Institute wishes a safe and happy summer to all our students. To learn more about enrolling in Branford Halls’ medical assistant, massage therapy, or medical billing and coding programs, contact us online.