Show off your talents with a great resume!
After completing your training in graphic design school, you’ll be ready to show off your skills with a professional resume. A resume helps potential employers view what you’ve learned and practiced in a training program and internship.
As you conduct your job search, you’ll learn what the qualification for each job role entail. This will help you decide which job skills to highlight on your resume. If you’re worried about not having much job experience, then writing a skills-based resume can help you emphasize the skills you’ve learned and the internship experience you have completed.
Once you’ve finished writing your resume, you may attach it to your application and submit it electronically. You may also send it via email. When you go on your job interview, make sure to bring a few copies of your resume, cover letter, and list of references.
If you don’t know how to start writing your resume, then Branford Hall can help! Use our sample graphic design and animation resume below to help you get started. Students and recent graduates may also contact our Career Services Department to schedule appointments that can help you excel at your job search. Best of luck!
Graphic Design and Animation Sample Resume
1111 Clearview Hill Rd. – Jersey City, NJ 08002
Mobile: 222-888-6666 – Email: Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional graphic designer seeks employment with Infinity Design and Advertising Firm. Passionate about creating attractive visual concepts to inspire and inform consumers. Trained to layout and production design. Skilled in creating images for magazines and advertisements. Extremely dedicated to finding the best approaches for creating visuals for clients and outside markets. Attention to detail, color, and organization.
- Meet with clients and art directors for design meetings
- Use digital illustration, layout, and photo editing software to create designs
- Draw and design creative logo and original illustrations for a desired message
- Design layouts
- Choose images, colors, and fonts for publications
- Prepare and present design concepts to clients and art directors
- Implement creative changes recommended by clients and supervisors
- Review, edit, and handle designs for errors before printing or publication
Graphic Design Intern, (Unpaid)
Color Me Mind Ad Agency, Jersey City, NJ – January 2016 to May 2016
– Helped prepare exhibits and designs for graphic design meetings
– Interacted and presented designs to clients and supervisors
– Created original visuals for several publications
– Operated digital illustration, photo editing, and layout software
– Helped colors, images, and typefaces for publications
– Researched visual concepts and market performance
– Sent emails to clients
– Worked as a graphic design team to complete projects
– Implemented edits and changes under direction of supervisor
Customer Service Representative, Jersey City, NJ– May 2014 to January 2016
– Assisted 50-200 customers per day
– Directed customers to art supply areas
– Processed returns and answered product questions
– Managed customer complaints
– Managed art class schedule
– Received positive evaluation from manager
Branford Hall Career Institute, Jersey City, NJ (accredited school)
Diploma, August 2016
XXX-hour program; XXX-hour internship placement
Jersey City High School, Jersey City, NJ
-Jerry Reems, Manager, A.C. Moore, Phone: 800-222-2222
-James Harding, Internship Supervisor, Color Me Mind Advertising Agency, Phone: 555-333-1111
Branford Hall Career Institute offers a graphic design and animation training program at our campuses in North Brunswick and Jersey City, New Jersey. For more information about our career training programs, reach out at a convenient time.