There are two locations in Connecticut where you can train for this exciting, physical career
Lots of people love being physically fit, but have you ever considered integrating your passion for exercise into your career? Training to be a Professional Fitness Trainer is terrific for individuals who love to work with other people and help them live up to their potential. And with the right career training, you could end up working at a place you already love: the gym.
At the Branford Hall Career Institute, it can take less than one year to complete the Professional Fitness Training program and learn the skills you need for an entry-level position. We’re proud to offer this program at two locations in Connecticut: in Southington—only 30 minutes south of Hartford—and in Branford—8 miles east of New Haven. Both campuses provide the preparation you’ll need to launch your career.
A strong array of coursework covers the many areas that are integral to this work, such as:
- Exercise Physiology: How exercise impacts the body’s physiological processes. This covers body movement, cardiovascular function, respiration, and the energy systems the body uses to move.
- Kinesiology: The biomechanics of human movement. You’ll learn to identify muscles, joints, and bones, as well as how to move and manipulate them.
- Exercise Psychology: The role that personality plays in exercise. This includes techniques to inspire clients to change behavior so they can attain their goals.
- Business and Sales: Attracting and keeping a solid client base. Learn ways to market your services to expand your client roster, keep track of your clients’ activity, and use software that is well-suited to the industry.
- Exercise Prescription for Special Populations: How to work with clients with special needs. This prepares you to train older individuals, preteens, athletes, and pregnant women. This course also addresses unique concerns in respiratory, metabolic, nutritional, and orthopedic areas.
You may envision working in a gym, fitness center, or health club, or even in a different environment such as a rehab facility, resort, or rec center. Our flexible program can help prepare you for the work of keeping clients safe as you guide them towards the physical changes they want and need to make.
We invite you to begin your new career path with us here at Branford Hall. Learn more about our program and the various facilities we offer. Reach out to us for details or to schedule a tour of our facilities.