Holiday door decorating contest brightens up the campus
North Brunswick, NJ: There’s nothing like a little friendly competition to get results. Recently the North Brunswick campus of the Branford Hall Career Institute held a door decoration competition, in which students were invited to decorate their classroom doors and windows with a holiday theme.
The winning class would get a free pizza party. And if you know anything about North Jersey, you know how many great pizzerias there are! The competition was among the students enrolled in our campus’s five different career-focused programs.
- Team 1: Computer Networking & Security
- Team 2: Graphic Design & Animation
- Team 3: Medical Assistant
- Team 4: Medical Billing & Coding
- Team 5: Surgical Technology
Students in our night classes were tasked with decorating the windows, while the daytime students were assigned to the doors. The results were amazing! The students created more elaborate displays than we ever imagined! Some of the highlights included:
- Frosty the Snowman and his parade of children
- Santa Claus in a Star Wars scene
- A reindeer ambulance, in a nod to our healthcare career training
- A gingerbread house
- A cozy fireplaceThe competition was so tight that it was hard to pick a winner, but the judges found that one program in particular did an excellent job of coordinating both the day students and the evening students in one unified theme. And the winner was… The Surgical Technology students! Their theme was a Peanuts Christmas. Their display was complete with a perfectly rendered Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang, as well as a 3-dimensional doghouse for Snoopy, and a tiny but well-loved Christmas tree.
To everyone who participated, we would like to say congratulations on a job well done!
Community service project for Trenton-area families
The North Brunswick students also participated in an important community service project over the winter holidays. They held a coat drive and a food drive throughout the month of December to help out families in need during the winter months. Thank you to everyone for being so generous. You helped to make the holidays brighter for so many families in the North Brunswick/New Brunswick/Trenton area. That’s what the holidays are all about!
We are so impressed with all of our students. Let’s get ready for a great 2016!