Ring in the season with great holiday spirit
The holidays are a time to wind down and indulge. Are you excited for the holidays this year? If you’re busy preparing for the holidays, you should stop and enjoy the fun that the season brings with it. Don’t be a Grinch this season and focus on creating a happy holiday spirit.
If you’ve been feeling down or are too focused on your responsibilities, then Branford Hall offers you a list of 25 tips to get you in the holiday mood!
- Listen to holiday music
- Decorate your house with holiday wreaths and home goods
- Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen
- Donate to charities with missions close to your heart
- Go holiday shopping
- Catch up with friends over a holiday drink like hot chocolate or peppermint tea
- Create new holiday recipes
- Bake holiday cookies and desserts
- Drop off presents for Toys for Tots
- Bring canned good to a food drive
- Go caroling with friends or sing holiday songs in the car
- Make a list of things you’re grateful for this holiday season
- Throw an ugly sweater party
- Organize a Secret Santa/gift exchange
- Watch a holiday movie with close friends
- Remember happy or nostalgic holiday memories
- Tour the holiday lights in your neighborhood
- Make homemade holiday cards
- Participate in a cookie baking contest
- Learn how to play a holiday song on an instrument
- Each day in December, complete a random act of kindness
- Get a picture taken with Santa
- Write a letter or send a care package to the troops via Operation Gratitude
- Buy yourself a gift you always wanted
- Volunteer at a nursing home
Your list doesn’t have to stop at 25! Think about other ways you can embody the spirit of giving and kindness this holiday season. There are numerous ways for you to bond with loved ones and create meaningful and long-lasting memories. We hope this list helps inspire you to indulge in seasonal activities while giving back to your community. Happy Holidays from Branford Hall!
Branford Hall Career Institude features student tips and advice in our bi-weekly blog. Want to know more about our career training programs? Contact us today!