Short-term training programs can be an alternative
It’s no secret that attending a four-year college can be daunting. Some young people may feel they can’t afford the time or cost of being in school for four years. Others may feel they are not cut out for the academic demands of college. Some students feel pressured by their families or peers to attend college, but in their hearts, they don’t want to do it.
If you or someone you know is thinking, “I don’t want to go to college,” there may be some alternatives that will work better. One option is short-term training programs. Short-term, career-focused training programs can help students gain marketable skills without the time, investment, and academic requirements of a four-year program.
The Branford Hall Career Institute offers career-focused programs that prepare students for a variety of careers. The best news is that our application process is simple and our training programs can be completed in just about one year. And when you’re finished? Our Career Services department will be there to help you get started on your job search.
Students who are unsure of what they want to do might want to look at the range of offerings at Branford Hall. Take a look at the career fields you can choose:
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Massage Therapist
- Computer Networking Management/Security Specialist
- HVAC/R Technician
- Professional Fitness Trainer/Personal Fitness Trainer
- Culinary Arts Professional
- Graphic Design and Animation Professional
- Surgical Technologist
We have campuses in Massachusetts, northern New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. Each of our campuses offers welcoming facilities with classes taking place all under one roof. Some of the popular features of our programs include:
- Easy application process
- The “small school” feel of our campuses and classes
- Possibility of financial aid for eligible students
- Able to complete programs in one year or less
- Graduate with practical, marketable skills
- Rolling applications, with new classes starting multiple times each year
- Opportunity for externships
- Access to Career Services
Remember, choosing your education and career path is an important decision in your life. Make sure you take time to evaluate your personal and professional goals in order to start yourself out in the right direction.
Four-year colleges are a great fit for some people, but they aren’t for everyone. If you find that career-focused education is a better match for you, then reach out to us to get started.