Become an HVAC/R Technician
Imagine trying to survive a winter without heating or a midsummer heat wave without air conditioning. Imagine lasting a week without a refrigerator. There is no doubt about it. We rely on heating and cooling systems every day.
If you want an interesting job with outstanding career prospects, the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry is a fast-growing segment of the economy. HVAC/R technicians are busy year-round, installing, maintaining, and repairing these systems in residences and commercial establishments.
The HVAC/R industry is evolving to address concerns about the environment. Environmentally sustainable technologies and more efficient buildings are the future of HVAC/R. Branford Hall is committed to providing students with skills that are up-to-date with new energy technologies and conservation standards.
Students in the HVAC training program at Branford Hall’s Technical Training Center work with the latest tools, equipment, and technologies, and will be trained by instructors with industry experience who know what today’s employers expect.
A Day in the Life
As an HVAC/R technician, you will help install, maintain, and repair heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. On a typical day, you can expect to:
- Travel to worksites, both residential and commercial
- Follow instructions or blueprints to install or repair HVACR systems
- Connect HVACR systems to water and fuel lines, air ducts, and other components
- Install electrical wiring and controls
- Trouble-shoot individual components to determine necessary repairs
- Replace or repair parts that are no longer working
- Inspect and maintain customers’ HVACR systems
HVAC/R as a Career
Find out what your job will be like, the job outlook, and salary trends.
Sample HVAC/R Training Courses
Read about the courses that will help get your new career started.
Placement Services at Branford Hall
Find out how Branford Hall Career Services is dedicated to helping you begin your career.