Computers are an indispensable part of life today. They are used everywhere, from paying a bill online, to processing volumes of information on the high speed networks of today’s technology-oriented businesses. To keep technology working smoothly, businesses need trained professionals who are skilled in computer networking and security. If you like technology, and can picture yourself in a computer networking career, you may want to consider the Computer Networking and Security program at Branford Hall.
This program will teach you the essentials of computer maintenance and computer repair. It will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need for an entry-level position in the field of computer networking and security. No prior computer experience or prerequisites are required.
Graduates of this program go on to seek employment in entry-level positions such as computer repair technicians, help desk technicians, desktop support, computer systems administrators, or network technicians.
If this career field sounds like a good fit for you, you may want to read more about the Computer Networking and Security program at Branford Hall.
A Day in the Life of a Computer Networking and Security Technician
A typical day in the life of a trained professional in Computer Networking and Security involves a range of tasks that will keep you busy! On an average day you could find yourself doing any one of the following tasks.
- Support users in their day-to-day use of computers in the workplace
- Trouble-shoot issues with computer hardware and software
- Take care of preventative maintenance on networked computers
- Install and configure operating systems
- Back up servers regularly
- Work with computer forensics, such as recovering lost data
- Assist with network installation and server maintenance
- Create users and perform administrative functions within the network
- Help keep network security measures up to date and prevent intrusions
Train Close to Home
The Computer Networking Management program is available at the following campus:
- Hamilton, NJ
For more information about this, or any other program offerings, contact the campus nearest you. Our knowledgeable staff can help you on your career path.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out our other career programs! Learn More