Are you someone who likes to help others? Have you always wanted to work in a medical setting? Are you thinking about attending medical assistant school? If so, you may want to consider Branford Hall’s Professional Medical Assistant program. Become a professional medical assistant and you can help patients and doctors experience more productive and meaningful relationships.
As a professional medical assistant, you can develop meaningful relationships with both patients and doctors. Medical assistants are the link between doctors and patients, and they help to keep the daily functions of medical offices running smoothly. Medical assistants are needed in a wide range of office and clinical settings, from hospitals and outpatient centers to private practices or surgical centers. If you want to be an important part of a professional medical team, then the Professional Medical Assistant Program at Branford Hall Career Institute may be the program for you.
Day in the Life of a Professional Medical Assistant
At Branford Hall, you will learn the skills you need to be a medical assistant. Here are some of the daily duties you might have:
- Measure and record patients’ vital signs
- Take down patients’ medical histories
- Discuss procedures with patients and offer reassurance
- Prepare patients for examinations
- Sterilize medical equipment and instruments
- Provide assistance to physicians during examinations
- Collect and process lab specimens
- Perform phlebotomies (blood draws)
- Administer EKGs
- Handle the preparation and administration of medications
- Share information with patients about medications and special diets
- Authorize refills for prescriptions
- Remove surgical sutures
- Remove and reapply dressings
Train Close to Home
The Professional Medical Assistant program is available at the following campus:
For more information about this, or any other program offerings, contact the campus nearest you. Our knowledgeable staff can help you on your career path.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out our other career programs! Learn More